Responsible operations approach
- Best-in-class: We will aim to be best-in-class when it comes to ESG performance, being Environmental, Social and Governance criteria.
- Impact marketing: Marketing is undertaken with the intention to generate positive, measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. We will respectfully make aware and influence our clients regarding a responsible operations approach, firstly by practising the principles ourselves.
- Positive / inclusionary screening: The inclusion of clients based on specific criteria being:
a) The client’s business does no harm.
b) The client’s business has a positive environmental, social or economic impact resulting in a better world.
- We will not work with anyone that does environmental harm or works in an unsustainable manner. If we discover one of our clients is not working in a sustainable way, we will advise them, give them an opportunity to rectify this, and if they do not, discontinue the relationship.
- We will use sustainable energy sources.
- We will actively recycle and minimise waste.
- We will use public transport wherever possible to minimise our pollution.
- We will advocate natural resource conservation.
- We will advocate good treatment of animals and not use or market any products tested on animals.
He aha te mea nui o te ao
What is the most important thing in the world?
He tangata, he tangata, he tangata
It is the people, it is the people, it is the people
- We genuinely care and look after all who contribute to Objective.
- We have a high regard for our employees’ and contractors’ health and safety that is reflected in our policies and resources.
- We will work with clients and suppliers that hold the same values we hold – this includes living wages for all they employ or contract.
- We pay our employees market salary or above. A minimum of 50% of our charge out rate goes to contractors.
- A % of profits will go to paying for our marketers to undertake work for a charity or community project of their choice.
- We honour Objective’s purpose, to make the world a better place, and will prioritise both this and profit.
- We will lead the marketing profession with ethics and integrity.
- We maintain a positive disposition in all endeavours.
- Objectives purpose, vision, mission and values will be available to employees, contractors, supply partners, clients and the public.
- We celebrate and support other marketers / marketing companies doing good work aligned with our values.
- We will be culturally inclusive with employees and contractors.
- We will make an honest dollar by adding value to our clients’ businesses.
- A collaborative approach is taken to running the business.
- Our systems and processes are honed to ensure the most efficient delivery of our services.
- We will be fully transparent about any potential conflicts of interest.
- Our financial records will be impeccably managed.
- Our most important bottom line is the amount of good we do.