We are delighted to be offering services registered with the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund through the Regional Business Partner Network. The fund is available to businesses who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and require expert advisory support to ensure their business remains viable.
Business owners can access up to $5000 excl. GST per business from the fund, and can be used with a range of registered Service Providers depending on business needs.
Our registered services include value-guaranteed strategic marketing advice, which can cover competitive positioning and recalibrating your business, auditing current activity, understanding and honing in on target audience, brand positioning and more. Advice is bespoke to your business and based on your immediate needs. Your business may be eligible for support under the Advisory Fund for these services. Find out more below.
Note. Our advisory services are guaranteed; if you don’t feel like you got value out of it, there is no charge.
What is the Regional Business Partner (RBP) Network?
The RBP Network is a business support service jointly funded by NZTE and Callaghan Innovation. RPB Network Growth Advisors help small and medium sized New Zealand businesses connect with the right resources and experts so they can build capability and grow. This includes access to the Advisory Fund.
What is the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund?
The Government has allocated additional funding to support small to medium sized businesses through the COVID-19 pandemic. The fund has been provided by the Government to enable businesses to access expert advice and support, and is being administered through the Regional Business Partner Network. Funding is up to $5000 and allocated by a RBP Growth Advisor depending on your business needs.
What services are available via the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund?
Businesses can access expert advice and support in the following areas:
- Marketing Strategy
- Digital Enablement Strategy
- HR & Employee Relations and Legal
- Financial and Cashflow Management
- Health and Wellness
- Business Continuity Planning
These services are provided by New Zealand based providers and listed on the RBP Network’s online marketplace.
How do you access the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund?
Funding is only available through the Regional Business Partner (RBP) Network Growth Advisors. To access the funding, you must first register on the RBP website. A RBP Growth Advisor will contact you to discuss your business and assess priority needs and provide access to funding for use with registered service providers.
What businesses are eligible for the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund?
Any business can meet with a Growth Advisor. However, to access the Advisory Fund, businesses must also meet the following criteria:
- Have undergone an assessment with a RBP Growth Advisor.
- Have fewer than 100 full time equivalent employees, and
- be registered for GST in New Zealand;
- be operating in a commercial environment; and
- be a privately owned business, or are a Maori Trust or incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993 or
- similar organisation managing Maori assets under multiple ownership.
Businesses who are not eligible for the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund, may be eligible for the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund which offers businesses up to 50% co-funded support for management coaching and training services to build management capability within their business. Find out more here.
What services does Objective offer through the fund?
1. Value-guaranteed strategic marketing advice
Unprecedented times have compelled businesses to re-think their strategies, priorities and areas of investment. If you don’t know where to start, are stuck on where to go next, or need to pivot or adapt your marketing strategy for a post-COVID world, our experienced, business-savvy marketing advisors can help.
Our advisory services include strategic marketing advice based on your business’ immediate needs. After an initial discussion with you, we’ll evaluate your current situation, identify what you need, then advise on an approach that’s best for your business.
- Marketing strategy: Advice on an overarching approach that leverages marketing to drive your business goals. Marketing strategy can cover competitive positioning and recalibrating your business, auditing current activity, understanding and honing in on target audiences, brand positioning, and more.
- Specialist marketing: Advice on specialist marketing areas, including brand, digital, social media, public relations, direct marketing, and more.
The outcome is actionable advice from our qualified, experienced marketers, and expert insight applied to your business to ensure marketing drives your business goals and delivers a return on investment.
2. Get investor-ready: Develop a go-to-market strategy
Looking to raise equity and win over investors? Whether you’re a startup or an established business looking to raise private or public equity, winning over investors requires a compelling value proposition, strong brand, professional shop-front, and targeted approach to communications.
Objective has proven, specialist experience in investor / B2I marketing. We have helped our clients raise over NZD $5,3330,000 in seed funding and private equity, and prepared businesses to list on the ASX. Our advisory services include:
- Go-to-market strategy: Advice on your investor-ready marketing approach and requirements. This includes identifying what needs to be in your marketing toolbox to go to market and present your proposition successfully. It considers all facets of marketing and focuses on those that will have maximum business-to investor impact, to facilitate your raise.
The outcome is a clear, actionable marketing approach to sell your proposition to target investors and raise the capital you need to grow your business.
How do I register for business support via the Regional Business Partner Network?
Go to the RBP Network website and scroll down to ‘Grow your business’ where you will be able to register your business. Once you’ve registered, a Growth Advisor will be in touch.
The RBP Network also offers support to businesses via the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund. Find out more here.