Responsible operations approach
- Best-in-class: We will aim to be best-in-class when it comes to ESG performance.
- Impact marketing: Marketing is undertaken with the intention to generate positive, measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. We will respectfully make aware and influence our clients regarding a responsible operations approach, firstly by practising the principles ourselves.
- Positive / inclusionary screening: The inclusion of clients based on specific criteria being:
a) The client’s business does no harm.
b) The client’s business has a positive social, environmental and economic impact resulting in a better world.
- We will not work with anyone that does environmental harm or works in an unsustainable manner. If we discover one of our clients is not working in a sustainable way, we will advise them, give them an opportunity to rectify this, and if they do not, discontinue the relationship.
- We will use sustainable energy sources.
- We will actively recycle and minimise waste.
- We will use public transport wherever possible to minimise our pollution.
- We will advocate natural resource conservation.
- We will advocate good treatment of animals and not use or market any products tested on animals.
He aha te mea nui o te ao
What is the most important thing in the world?
He tangata, he tangata, he tangata
It is the people, it is the people, it is the people
- We genuinely care and look after all who contribute to Objective.
- We have a high regard for our employees’ and contractors’ health and safety that is reflected in our policies and resources.
- We will work with clients and suppliers that hold the same values we hold – this includes living wages for all they employ or contract.
- We pay our employees market salary or above. 50% of our charge out rate goes to contractors.
- A % of profits will go to paying for our marketers to undertake work for a charity or community project of their choice.
- We honour Objective’s purpose, to make the world a better place, and will prioritise both this and profit.
- We will lead the marketing profession with ethics and integrity.
- We maintain a positive disposition in all endeavours.
- Objectives purpose, vision, mission and values will be available to employees, contractors, supply partners, clients and the public.
- We celebrate and support other marketers / marketing companies doing good work aligned with our values.
- We value diversity in our business, and will strive to create an environment that is inclusive and equitable, where each individual is valued for their strengths and differences, and encouraged to be themselves.
- We will make an honest dollar by adding value to our clients’ businesses.
- A collaborative approach is taken to running the business.
- Our systems and processes are honed to ensure the most efficient delivery of our services.
- We will be fully transparent about any potential conflicts of interest.
- Our financial records will be impeccably managed.
- Our most important bottom line is the amount of good we do.